Brightspace Faculty Support
Welcome to the Brightspace Faculty Support site—a resource for PCC faculty.
Please Note: On May 23, 2018, Pima Community College will be turning on the new D2L Brightspace “Daylight” interface and integrating Gmail into our course management system. Please see the following web pages for more information:
Brightspace has introduced a continuous upgrade cycle for its course management system! The changes in newer versions will include feature enhancements for greater ease of use. The Updates page contains some resources you might find helpful while exploring these changes.
If you aren't trained to teach in Brightspace yet, How to Get Certified in Brightspace provides information on the two ways to get this PCC certification.
PimaOnline Course Development Guide
The Course Development Guide is a resource for faculty who want to improve the quality of their online course and/or develop a new online course. Faculty can compare the criteria in the Guide to their course and adjust accordingly.
Brightspace Ease of Use Training
If you attended the Brightspace Ease of Use Training, you can view all of the pages from the training at the Brightspace Ease of Use Training page. Or, if you have not attended this training and would like to sign up for an upcoming session, register through OED via MyPima.
About this Site
This site provides a number of Brightspace-related resources to help you get started with Brightspace:
- Getting Started - for faculty new to Brightspace. This section includes a collection of User Guides and information related to the basic administration of Brightspace as well as the Tip of the Week Archive.
- Course Tools - for those who'd like to review the Brightspace course tools or learn some new ways to use them in your online course.
- Tech Tips & Tricks - features information about educational technology-related tools you can use to enhance your classroom.
- Online Teaching & Learning - provides a collection of online teaching strategies and pedagogical resources for you.
- Human Help - lists PCC staff and faculty available to help answer your questions.
Search this Site
Note: For technical support, call (520) 206-6310 (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday) or complete the PimaOnline D2L Technical Support form.