Your Account Settings, Profile and Progress
You can set your general D2L preferences from the minibar by selecting the dropdown menu next to your name and choosing Account Settings.
Account Settings Tab
- Font Settings: Adjusting the font face and font size changes the default font and size of the text. It does not affect images, documents or other objects such as math equations.
- Dialog Setting: The Show secondary window as selector enables secondary windows as pop-ups instead of dialog boxes. This setting helps screen readers and other assistive technologies separate the content of the secondary window from the main window. If you are using assistive technology such as a screen reader, we strongly recommend showing secondary windows as pop-ups.
- HTML Editor Settings: The HTML editor enables you to enter text and HTML in the system. It has many additional rich text features; if you use assistive technology such as screen readers, some of these features might be difficult to navigate.
- Reading Content: This setting allows content to be marked as read as the page scrolls. Marking the checkbox will disenable the function which may be useful for users of assistive technology.
- Video Settings: This setting allows assistive technologies to detect videos if enabled.
- Locale & Language: Sets which locale to use for screen orientation, text and graphics in the system. Your options correspond to the locale options available at your institution. Administrative staff and course designers can override your preferences for specific pages and courses.
- Time Zone: Sets all dates that include times to correspond with the time zone you specify in the Learning Environment.
- Signing In: Set your online status so that you appear online when you are logged in or to always appear offline.
- Application Settings: Applications can access the system on your behalf if you are authenticated. You can revoke this authentication by selecting this Revoke Access button. Applications must then prompt you to authenticate again before accessing the system or your information.
- Binder Settings: Allows access to the Binder app. Binder allows users to view and interact with documents from D2L courses from a personal tablet device. Find information about Binder on the Brightspace by D2L website.
- Personal Settings:
- Display Settings: Sets whether the Discussion List pane will be pinned in the View Topic and View Thread pages.
- Reply Settings: Sets whether you want to include original messages with your replies.
- Subscription Settings: Establishes an automatic subscription every time you create a new discussion thread.
- Email Options: Choose whether to save a copy of each outgoing message in the Sent Mail folder.
- Email Signature: Creates an email signature to include at the bottom of your email messages.
- Display Options: Choose whether to show the Message Preview or Folder List panes, whether to mark messages as read when viewed in the Message Preview pane, or whether to allow filtering messages and contacts on group enrollment. Important: It is imperative that the "Show internal email" checkbox always remains checked so that you continue to receive D2L emails.
Creating Your Personal Profile
- From the minibar, select the dropdown menu next to your name and choose the Profile link.
- Fill in any/all of the text fields you want.
- To upload a picture, select the Change Picture button, locate and select the desired image, and select Upload, then Done.
- When you are finished, choose Save or Save and Close.
Note: You can also edit your profile from the Classlist by selecting your image.
Viewing Your Progress
From the dropdown menu next to your name on the minibar, choose the Progress link to view your current progress in various tools.
When you first enter your Progress area, you will see your Progress Summary which gives you an idea of your overall progress through your course.
To view your progress for a specific tool, select from the tools listed in the left pane. These include: Grades, Objectives, Content, Discussions, Dropbox, Quizzes, Checklist, Surveys and Login History. Choose the appropriate links to expand the details of your progress in that tool.