The Equation Editor
To facilitate your online work in math and science courses, Desire2Learn includes an Equation Editor.The Equation Editor allows you to include mathematical equations within your discussion posts and Email correspondence.
To Access the Equation Editor
- Within a Discussion topic, select Start New Thread at the top of your screen to begin a new post, or select a previous post and then select Reply. The HTML Editor will open.
- Select Show All Components. You will see a variety of formatting, structure and content tools here.
- Select the arrow to the right of the Equation icon, and choose Graphical equation, MathML equation, or LaTeX equation icon, depending on which type of equation you want to insert.
Using the Equation Editor
Follow these steps to write an equation:
- Enter your expressions and/or equations in the editing box. Note: Take advantage of the different templates provided on the different tabs to build the equations and insert fractions, exponents, and other mathematical elements.
- Once you are done writing your equation or expression, select Insert.
You will only see a yellow box from this view; however, the entire equation or expression will be visible in the discussion once it is posted.
To Edit an Equation You have Written
- Select the equation you wish to edit.
- Choose one of theInsert Equation icons. The Equation Editor will load in a new window.
- Make the needed changes and select Insert.
- Select Save to update your changes on your post.
Now that we've covered some of the basics of navigating and working in Desire2Learn, let's review some of the key Course Content tools.